On February 1, 1915 Riverside Golf Club approved the purchase of 88.5 acres for $42,250 and then purchased an additional 12. 2 acres "east of the river across from the present golf ground" for the sum of $12,200 and hired renowned Golf architect William Langford to layout and construct an eighteen hole course on the property.On October 3rd, 1916 the board approved to pay the mortgage and build eighteen holes.